Since its inception in 1991, the National Research Foundation and the Department of Trade and Industry have jointly managed THRIP. An Advisory Council comprising representatives from industry, government, higher education, labour and science councils guides THRIP.
The THRIP Advisory Council
Our strengths as an organization mirror our strengths as a nation to bring together diverse skills, cultures and perspectives in pursuit of a greater goal.
The THRIP Advisory Council reports to the Minister of Trade and Industry through his Director-General. Members are appointed for a three-year period by the President and CEO of the NRF and the dti Director-General in consultation with relevant stakeholders, where appropriate.
Council members are eligible for re-appointment after the conclusion of their three-year term.
The THRIP Council is responsible for:
· Recommending strategy and objectives for the programme;
· Monitoring, evaluating and commenting on the performance of the programme;
· Assisting in the promotion of and lobbying for support for the programme to facilitate the achievement of its objectives;
· Advising the dti and NRF on THRIP’s resources requirements, including the budget; and
· Assisting the dti and NRF in fulfilling their respective fiduciary responsibilities in ensuring the effective and efficient use of THRIP funds.
THRIP ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
Mrs Natasha Davies (Chairperson)
Group Executive: HR & Transformation
Denel Corporate Office
Dr Motodi Maserumule
DE – Research & Development
Mr Mclean Sibanda
The Innovation Hub
Dr Daniel Adams
Chief Director: Emerging
Research Areas & Infrastructure
Department of Science & Technology
Ms Jocelyn Vass
Chief Director: Skills for Economy
Mr Mthunzi Mdwaba
Mr Sello Rasethaba
Mediterranean Shipping Co
Dr Beverley Damonse
Group Executive: Science Advancement
National Research Foundation
Prof Amanda Lourens
North West University
Mr Siphiwo Soga
Acting Executive Manager